1) If a person wants you, they’d show it in every possible way.
2) If a person doesn’t want you, nothing can make them stay….
3) Stop making excuses for a person’s behavior.
4) Allow your intuition (or gut feeling) to save you from heartache.
5) Stop trying to change yourself for a relationship that’s not meant to be.
6) Slower is better.
7) Never live your life for someone before you find what makes you truly happy.
8) If a relationship ends because the person was not treating you as you deserve, then heck no, you can’t ‘be friends.’ A friend wouldn’t mistreat a friend.
9) Don’t settle. If you feel like he/she is stringing you along, then he/she probably is.
10) Don’t stay because you think ‘it will get better.’ You’ll be mad at yourself a year later for staying when things are not better.
11) The only person you can control in a relationship is you.
12) Always have your own set of friends separate from his/hers.
13) Maintain boundaries in how a person treats you; if something bothers you, speak up.
14) Be aware that healthy relationships are built on trust, and that trust takes time to develop. It may be unwise to share too much of yourself and about yourself too quickly. (See 6 above)
15) You cannot change anyone else’s behavior. Change comes from within.
16) Don’t EVER make he/she feel more important than you are, even if they have more education or a better job. And don’t ever make them less important than you are either.
17) Do not make them into a quasi-god; they are human, nothing more, nothing less.
18) Never let a person define who you are.
19) A person will only treat you the way you ALLOW them to treat you.
20) You should not be the one doing all the bending…compromise is a two-way street.
21) You need time to heal between relationships…there’s nothing useful about baggage… deal with your issues before pursuing a new relationship.
22) You should never look for someone to COMPLETE you…a relationship consists of two WHOLE individuals…look for someone complimentary…not supplementary.
23) Dating is fun…even if he/she doesn’t turn out to be Mr./Mrs Right.
24) Allow them to miss you sometimes…if you’re always readily available – they may take you for granted… remember that you have your own life to live which may not always include them.
25) Don’t fully commit to a person who doesn’t listen to you and try to help you meet your needs.
26) Don’t play games
27) When it’s time to let go, let go.